Test Topics for Chapter 4
- All the stuff from Chapter 3 - e.g., proving triangles congruent using SSS, ASA, SAS, and HL. In Chapter 4, we did similar proofs, but combined multiple triangle proofs into single proofs...it got more difficult!
- How to find the midpoint of a segment given the coordinates of its endpoints
- How to find the endpoint of a segment given the coordinates of the other endpoint and the midpoint
- How to set up a diagram, the givens, and the prove statement for a proof (in other words, if I give you a statement, you need to be able to draw a diagram and know what the givens are and what you need to prove).
- SCRAT (Theorem 24) and how to use it in a proof (If two angles are both supplementary and congruent, then they are right angles)
- The definition of points equidistant from another point
- ET (Theorem 25 - If two points are each equidistant from the endpoints of a segment, the the two points determine the perpendicular bisector of that segment) and how to use it in a proof.
- Converse of ET (Theorem 26 - If a point is on the perpendicular bisector of a segment, then it is equidistant from the endpoints of that segment) and how to use it in a proof.
- The definition of a transversal and how to recognize alternate interior angles, alternate exterior angles, corresponding angles, interior angles on the same side of the transversal, and exterior angles on the same side of the transversal.
- The definition of parallel lines
- How to calculate the slope of a line and parallel and perpendicular line slopes.
Make sure you can do all the proofs we've had for homework and you should be all set!